The hall was purpose-built in 1928 for and by the community of Eaton Bishop. The site was donated by Sir Charles Pulley, recognised for his generosity by the naming of Pulley Avenue. Money was raised initially with the usual rounds of dances, whist drives and jumble sales but only £487 had been accumulated before the villagers had exhausted their enthusiasm. George LLoyd, Sir Charles' groom, had an idea which made it happen: the villagers would lend money to the project, interest-free. Immediately small loans rolled in, varying from 5 shillings to £10 and the £590.17.0 (pounds, shillings and pence for those born in the 21st century) building cost was collected.
Eaton Bishop Village Hall is supported by a voluntary group of dedicated parishioners, who look after and maintain the hall and help to facilitate the events and activities held here.
|Vice Chair||Mick Netting|
|Bookings Co-ordinator||Julie Davies|
|Marketing & Social Media||Meryl Cain|
|Buildings and Maintenance||Phil Davies, Clive Harper, Mick Netting, Ricky Lambeth|
|Housekeeping and Supplies||Julie Davies|
|David Darts||Gardening Club|
The Village Hall is run by the management committee as a registered charity for the benefit of the local community and relies on the support of local people and groups hiring the venue, without whom it could not continue to thrive.